This was one of the popular salads in the cooking world several years ago. Not only it is healthy, but quick and easy to put together. You can put any vegetables you like: avocados, olives, some tofu pieces or seasoned beans for a variation. The difference between this version and the original Seven-layer Salad is less fat, more fresh ingredients, which of course is better for you and me.
4 cups mixed greens
1 cup carrots, grated
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 cucumber, diced
2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup radish, sliced
* green onions (chopped) or parsley for garnishing
1. Layer salad ingredients in a large bowl — a clear glass bowl is better, but if you don’t have one, it’s okay.
2. Pour mixed dressing over salad and sprinkle some green onions on top.
Aioli Style (a nice creamy condiment that is often use in place of mayonnaise or sour cream)
1 cup soy milk, unsweetened (or almond milk)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup olive oil (or virgin coconut oil)
3 tablespoon lemon juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender except oil. Blend on high and slowly pour in oil while machine is running. Continue blending until mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Put in a container with a lid. Refrigerate before using to thicken it.
Tips for Variation:
tofu/mock meat pieces
bell pepper, diced (red, yellow, or orange)