Do you like soup? You can give this recipe a try. When I found out that Avocado makes good soup base I did not hesitate to try making this soup. As simple as it seems, you will like the creamy flavor that blends well with the rest of the ingredients. My master taster (my husband) thought it’s really good.
Good source of: (Avocado) pantothenic acid, fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, vitamin C. See whfoods.com for other ingredients nutrients information.
2 pcs ripe avocado
1/2 cup corn kernel
1/2 cup peas (or you can use what’s available, corn or peas)
2 cups vegetable broth (divided)
2 TBspoon lemon juice
salt to taste
bunching onions for garnishing (options are cilantro, mint or basil leaves)
1. Cut Avocado in half, remove pit and peel.
2. In a blender blend avocados, 1 cup broth and lemon juice until it’s smooth. Add the rest of broth and blend for another minute.
3. In a medium saucepan steam corn and peas for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
4. Pour in Avocado puree to mix with corn and peas. Heat over medium heat until thoroughly steamed (do not overcook avocado).
5. Season to taste with salt.
Makes about 4-5 servings.
You can mix different ingredients if you want to.