Who doesn’t like pudding? It’s not only good for dessert but It’s also great with your breakfast granola, nuts and fruits and even pies. You can use it in anything that you would like to have vanilla pudding in. This pudding is so easy to make and yummy too!
4 cups nondairy milk (soy, almond or rice milk)
1 piece ripe banana
2/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Blend 1 cup milk and banana until it is smooth.
2. Mix 1 cup milk and cornstarch separately until all lumps are gone.
3. In a saucepan combine 2 cups milk, cornstarch & milk mixture, and the rest of the ingredients except vanilla. Stir well to eliminate lumps.
4. Heat over medium until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Stir constantly.
5. Add banana and milk puree. Continue stirring for another minute (do not overcook because banana creates a sour taste).
6. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
6. Cover and chill. Enjoy!
Makes about 8 servings.
* Before eating, you can blend the mixture in a blender to make pudding more smooth (if you think it needed it).
* If maple syrup is not available, you can use a different sweetener and add half teaspoon maple flavoring, or just use honey.