This is one of my favorite recipes that I modified from “Give Them Something Better”. It’s easy and yummy too. You gotta love this recipe.
3 1/2 cups quick-oats
3 1/2 cups water
1/4 cups soy sauce (prefer low sodium)
1/4 cups nutritional yeast flakes (use carrot powder and 1/2 teaspoon mushroom seasoning [or use available seasoning] if nutritional yeast isn’t available)
2 TBspoon coconut or olive oil
2 TBspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 TBspoon maple syrup or honey
1 TBspoon sage powder
1 TBspoon Italian seasoning (combination of basil leaves, oregano, sage/marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or chili powder [optional])
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients except oats, in a medium saucepan. Bring it to boil for 2 minutes.
3. Add oats and stir well. Remove from heat and let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
4. Scoop mixture and form into patties.
5. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes; flip patties and bake for another 10 minutes.
Makes about 10-15 servings. Enjoy!
* Vary amount of cayenne pepper to change the spiciness.
* If all seasonings are not available, use what you have. Experiment!
* Make a bunch for later and freeze.