When you first look at it you might think it’s real meat…but it’s not. I don’t make this often — just an occasional treat especially in winter time when our wood stove is overloaded with coals 😀 I’ve had real meat many years ago before I became a vegetarian. But, I wouldn’t trade my mock barbecue with it and besides this one is healthier 😉
Category: Vegetarian, Non-gluten free
Good source of: Protein, fiber
2 cups gluten meat ( or 2 cans 10 oz. veggie mock chicken)
* You can use ready-to-eat mock chicken or make gluten ‘meat’ from scratch (gluten flour, water, seasoning).
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2 pcs large size lemon (save some diced peelings for marinading)
3 medium size garlic ([diced] save last layer of peeling for marinading)
2 bay leaves (break into smaller pcs.)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional, use Sage instead)
1 teaspoon olive or coconut oil
5 TBspoon ketchup
1. Cut gluten meat into desired sizes. Drain.
2. Mix all ingredients. Marinade for about 5-8 hours.
3. Grill (skewers is optional). OR, bake for about 15-20 mins at 400 degrees F (or till it is done).
4 Baste with ketchup before and after grilling or baking.
* Make sure the sauce for marinading is a little more sour than salty especially when you use ready-to-eat mock meat.